If you look around the web for articles and blog posts on how to increase your own blog’s overall reach, you’ll most likely see posts that call for using social media buttons to make your content easily sharable or how to do keyword research and optimize your articles to be found on search. These are all great tactics for getting more traffic to your site, however there are other methods that are simple to use that can help with promoting your blog, including using the audience that you already have.
The people visiting and reading your blog will each have their own network of followers, so make sure that the content you write is something that your followers will find to be entertaining and/or useful so that they are more likely to share it with their network of friends. Another benefit to developing a strong content marketing strategy that includes articles that are of high quality is that you will be able to transform yourself into a thought leader helping to further your ability to generate additional buzz for your blog.
Other steps that you can take to engage your readers so they become evangelists and help spread the word on the Internet about your blog:
- Create a strong headline. A headline is what will first grab a readers attention; creating a captivating headline will get people to click through to read your article. In addition, having an eye-catching headline will most likely increase the chances that your readers will share your post within their social networks and in turn will entice their followers to click through.
- Leverage social media. Do make sure that your posts have social sharing buttons to the large social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) as well as bookmarking sites (Reddit, Stumbleupon, etc.). This makes it much more likely that your content will be shared.
- Invite your friends and family to read your blog. While some find this to be a daunting task, your friends and family tend to be your best advocates, are usually a more friendly group and can help with generating buzz for your blog.
- Networking. Go out and meet people. By making friends with people in your industry, you can meet influential people who can help with getting your content seen by the masses and helping with creating excitement for your blog.
In the end, by taking the time to create high quality content and ensuring that your target audience finds it useful, the ability to leveraging your readers into promoting your blog will be easy. So go out there and start writing!
- The Ultimate Guide: 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog Effectively In 2013 (iim7.com)
- 5 Data Insights into the Headlines Readers Click (moz.com)
- 30 Ways You Can Promote Your Blog Posts (idealady.com)
- My Viral Content Buzz Case Study: How to Get Found on the Internet (seosmarty.com)
- Leveraging Your Audience to Create Buzz for Your Blog (socialmediaclub.org)